Job Title: Pastor and Equipper for Worship Gatherings
Reports to: Executive Pastor
Works closely with: Lead Pastor
This pastor will exhibit a life committed to God and submitted to Jesus Christ as Lord. This person is first a Pastor and second a music and worship gatherings planner and equipper. The following qualifications are key:
- a constantly growing relationship with God
- strong relational skills
- ability to mentor others
- willingness to be mentored
- creative problem solver
- a person who balances leadership with an ability to be a team player
- organized and administrative
- a life-long learner
- able to equip others and reproduce themselves.
Primary Duties: To equip and disciple worship leaders, musicians, singers, media, lighting, and sound techs pertaining to the main weekly gathering of the congregation; to recruit, train, and equip volunteers who serve in all related capacities; to provide spiritual direction and pastoral care for those volunteers; to help BVCC members develop a theology of worship that includes but is not limited to Sunday morning worship.
The ideal candidate will have another area of pastoral leadership that they can apply in this context. The work of equipping people for weekly assemblies would be a 3⁄4 time job, allowing for 1⁄4 time to be directed toward evangelism, information technology, discipleship and/or some other area of leadership.
- 1. Administrative Responsibilities – meetings with entire church staff, training/evaluation with volunteers, scheduling teams, and other related duties.
- Weekly Congregational Services – planning of services, working well with the teaching pastor, communication of plans with volunteers, rehearsing with volunteers, equipping worship leaders for the services, and developing teams.
- Special Services – weddings, funerals, and other.
- Pastoral Care – Informal counseling, phone/email conversations, home/hospital visits,and office meetings.
- Professional Development – conferences, seminars, reading, and research.
- Team building – several task teams need to be recruited, trained, and coached. Theseteams include, worship teams, worship leaders, media teams, lighting teams, stage design team, sound teams, serving teams, and communion teams.
- Knowledge of (or willingness to learn in a reasonable period of time) the followingareas:
- running a sound board
- running a lighting board
- running various media such as PowerPoint and Pro-Presenter
- troubleshooting media, information technology, images, video, and soundconcerns.
- Scheduling of maintenance/purchasing of sound, projection, and lighting equipment.
- Scheduling maintenance of instruments and tuning of pianos.
- Oversight of special events such as Christmas, Easter, and Stampede Sundays.
- The salary for this position will reflect the training and experience of the successful candidate.
- Benefits including extended health and dental coverage are provided.
- An annual professional development budget is available.
Please reply to the Executive Pastor Keith Shields