Children’s Ministry Pastor
by Cal Hultgren
The mission of Bow Valley Christian Church is to make disciples of Jesus Christ. We do this by Loving God, Loving Others, and Serving the World.
Job Title: Children’s Ministry Pastor
Reports to: Executive Pastor
Works closely with: Children’s Ministry Assistant and Student Ministries Pastor
- Must have a strong work ethic, strong family relationships, and an intimate relationship with God.
- Must see role as ministry and as a calling and not “just a job.”
- Demonstrate a love for being used by God in ministry.
- Demonstrate Godly principles in personal and home life.
- Must be able to pass a criminal records background check.
- Ability to work with other staff, children’s ministry workers, families.
- Ability to relate to children.
- Fully engage in Bow Valley community, along with spouse and family, if applicable.
- Must be compatible with the philosophy of Bow Valley’s senior leadership.
- Must have a working knowledge of the Bible and able to use it as a resource for his/her ministry.
- Must be able to work with parents in leading children to Christ.
- Strategic thinker.
- Able to juggle multiple priorities effectively.
- Able to face and resolve conflict.
- Strong decision making ability.
- Ability to delegate and the willingness to ask for help when appropriate.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Must be efficient with computers and related software.
- Preferably trained in CPR and First Aid.
- Recruit workers for KidsConnect ensuring all aspects of Plan to Protect are covered for new applicants.
- Train workers in practical methods of leading classrooms in the church setting (it would be an asset to be familiar with the Orange Philosophy of Lead Small).
- Ensure all classes, programs, and events are adequately staffed and oversee the development of contingency coverage plans.
- Train all workers in safety and security procedures (Plan to Protect). If required, training will be provided through Plan to Protect so as to be a trainer for our community.
- Be comfortable and have knowledge to serve in every area of Children’s Ministry.
- Oversee scheduling of volunteers using Community Church Builder (The Hub).
- Evaluate, attain, and distribute curriculum.
- Provide appropriate resources for classroom volunteers.
- Plan, Organize and Facilitate Children’s events throughout the year.
- Oversee all media (social, audio, and video) for ministry.
- Oversee all communication from ministry to families.
- Oversee all children’s mailings (Miss You card, Visitor Cards, Birthday Cards) as handled by Administrative Assistant.
- Monitor Child Safety using Plan to Protect guidelines.
- Background Check Volunteers.
- Oversee Administrative Assistant.
- The salary for this position will reflect the training and experience of the successful candidate.
- Benefits including extended health and dental insurance are available.
Please reply to email@example.com or 587-438-1406
March 17, 2018
March 14, 2018
March 09, 2018